Maximize Your Insurance Property Claims With Our Help
Hurricanes are a fact of life in southern Louisiana, but they do not have to destroy the property you have worked so hard to maintain here. Homeowner and other types of property insurance function as a safety net, providing you with funds to mitigate storm damage.
The attorneys of Landry Magee Attorneys at Law have years of experience in legal matters related to insurance claims. When you hire our firm’s attorneys, it sends a message to the insurance company that you are serious about maximizing your claim.
Get Help For Hurricane Ida Damage
Hurricane Ida ripped through Terrebonne and Lafourche parishes at the end of August 2021, battering buildings with 160 miles per hour winds. Many residents are still recovering from the damage.
Our attorneys Robert Landry and Tanner Magee practice in Houma; we have been able to return to our office rapidly to help local residents with their hurricane-related insurance claims. Call us if you are struggling with the claims process itself or if the insurance company is pushing back on the amount of your claim.
Tips For Filing A Strong Insurance Property Claim
Our ability to help you maximize your insurance claim relies partially on the actions you take. You can help yourself by utilizing the following tips to avoid common missteps:
- Document everything. Photograph all the damage you find to your property, as well as damage to the contents of your home, including clothing, computers, food, etc.
- Take steps, such as tarping your roof, to avoid further damages after a hurricane or another damaging event. This is a legal obligation on your part.
- File your claim with your insurer as soon as you can after the damage to your property.
- Ask the insurance company field adjuster you’re assigned for permission to start remediation tasks as soon as possible.
- You can hire a public adjuster to examine your home to confirm the extent of your loss. Our firm works with a network of public adjusters. Contact us for details.
- Fight for every penny you’re owed on your claim. Our attorneys can review your claim or represent you in communication with your insurer.
Our Lawyers Are Committed To Our Community
Rebuild your home using the insurance you have paid into faithfully. You paid for your insurance – the insurance company is obligated to pay an accurate, properly submitted claim. Call the attorneys of Landry Magee Attorneys at Law at 985-655-0240 or use the online contact form to request a free initial consultation.